L'OCA is looking for someone to change the face of retail and digital marketing in the food industry. You will lead the design and development of an advanced marketing stack covering in store and digital journeys and experiences creating a true omni channel experience for thousands of customers each day. You will be leading the way on defining how we connect with and interact with customers and delivering big results.
This position is perfect for hands-on marketers looking for a high-impact role. You’ll be leading the planning, execution, and evaluation of your campaigns. Working directly with ownership and executive management, your focus will be on driving customers into physical and digital properties and maximizing the effectiveness of all marketing efforts, from in store display and signage to automated marketing journeys.
If you want to become a better marketer and a better leader—and have fun doing it!—this is your ticket. We’ve been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and we’ve also been awarded for having one of Canada’s Best Corporate Cultures.
- Manage the day to day marketing activities and marketing team
- Develop and implement strategies for a retail and digital experience across multiple retail locations and high traffic digital properties
- Drive traffic, both online and in person, using a variety of organic and paid channels (such as SEO, SEM, social, content creation, and database marketing
- Optimize conversion rates with email, Facebook, and AdWords campaigns through split-testing, response tracking, audience testing, etc.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop monthly marketing plans and budgets, monitor and evaluate performance to ensure funds are being allocated wisely, and maximize co-op ad spend for multiple brands
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and make proactive suggestions for improvement
- Present/prepare marketing strategies for to drive new customer acquisition and customer retention
- Create dynamic, personalized, and responsive emails/SMS messages that deliver a world-class customer service experience
- Strategize and develop a marketing stack that allows us to reach customers anytime and anywhere.
- Write copy that aligns with L’OCA’s established voice and tone
- Other duties as required
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and campaign/project management
- A commitment to create best in class marketing strategy and execution
- Deep understanding of Customer Data Platforms and marketing automation
- Technical proficiency with various marketing platforms
- Proficiency in Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads and other digital channels
- Competency in MS Office products including Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, Planner and other programs
- The ability to take direction from multiple stakeholders, work independently in a large office environment, with minimal supervision, and direct varied skillsets through the department (design, content, digital advertising, etc.)
- The confidence to initiate projects with limited information and tight deadlines
- Strong project management skills, including the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A high comfort level with numbers, metrics, and working with spreadsheets
- The latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Experience working in project management software
- The ability to write concise, engaging (and grammatically correct) copy for ads and emails/SMS
- Experience with automated email service providers is considered an asset
- Retail Food industry experience is an asset
- Extra Vacation: 3 weeks after your first year, then an additional week after 5 and 10 years with L'OCA
- Health Benefits: Health care and dental (80% - 100%), plus a health spending account
- Employee Investment Program: It guarantees you at least a 10% return every year
- Employee Savings: An employee purchase program for all Go Auto vehicles and between 15-30% savings on car insurance
- Growth Opportunities: Upward mobility through The Go Group’s many business operations
- In-House Lunch Program: Food made by in-house red seal chefs, delivered to you daily
We’re excited to meet you! Come show us what you can do.
This job is based in Edmonton, Alberta.